We tailor each transaction strategy to maximize shareholder value and achieve the objections of our client in the most efficient manner possible. A great deal is defined not only by achieving a strong price but also negotiating the best deal terms for a transaction.
Our processes are designed to utilize management’s time efficiently and minimize disruption to company operations, and to make sure that a transaction is negotiated and closed in a timely manner.
To ensure the successful execution of a sell side transaction, our processes include:
- Comprehensive up-front due diligence, including identification of potential issues and mitigation strategies
- A thorough understanding of company value and what drives value in the eyes of a potential buyer
- Development of marketing materials crafted to succinctly communicate your company’s unique story and that include a compelling investment thesis and proper positioning of the company
- Identifying a thoughtful universe of qualified, interested buyers – both strategic and financial acquirers
- Marketing that focuses potential buyers on the value-creating opportunities of a deal
- Creating a competitive sales environment, with sufficient tension to generate best price and deal terms
- Ensuring confidential treatment of client information
- Facilitating and supporting buyer due diligence, including development and maintenance of a secure data room with company information required for the sales process
- Scheduling and assisting management with company presentations and tours
- Assisting sellers with diligence on the buyer
Negotiation / Signing
- Appropriately structuring a transaction to maximize value and focus on terms and conditions
- Analyzing and comparing potential offers